Alex, at Only Bad Chi suggested I participate in the Free Style Writing Challenge– that was nice of her (or not) 🙂 Depends on how my whining post is viewed by all of you. Hahahah, Love you Alex (Muah). Most of you already know and love her, but if you aren’t aware of her site, please go visit- you’ll be glad you did… she’s entertaining, and one my favs. Her word was “Gingerbread” and I linked to her post above… cutting and pasting the rules, fools:
Here are Rules I had to follow:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and CAPITALS. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
I chose to do the 10 minute challenge, and the word chosen for me by Alex was WORK. – oh, boy please don’t judge my parenting skills. (or lack of skills) I think on “fast-forward” and type on “fast forward” – I resisted the urge to correct.
I am full of work, that’s all I do. It seems from the minute I wake to the minute I close my eyes it can be viewed as employment. Whether I’m working for an employer, or my family, or the school, or the various sports. Vounteering is no longer fun and an option, but a requirement and there’s rule- rules to everything. Kind of takes the fun out of willingly volunteering your time. I get up to start the day, run to work, pick up the kids, then I make a snack, play referee between the two kids, get homework started, argue with the kids to do their homework, review/correct said homework, make or get dinner, help kids get ready for sports practice, drive them to their various sports, converse with the coaches and team moms about recruiting and marketing and blah, blah, blah. I’m to the point that I hide from them…drop and dash off to a different part of the field…then I pick up kids, argue with them on where we are going to eat, if I didn’t make something at home, get them home, argue with them to brush their teeth, get ready for bed, have negotiations on whether they can have t.v., initiate lights out, struggle with them for another 20 minutes… finally turn and jump over the dog who now wants attention, take him for a walk, pick up dog doo- my god dog- just go already, I still have 15 things to do… come back give new water, issue food in bowl tell dog to eat… then he wants to play… then I forgot, dad is out of town…call him, get him on the phone… run back to kids room (because they aren’t asleep yet, but antagonizing one another- settle dispute by yelling SHUT UP- dad’s on the phone. (yes, Shut up is not nice nor a great parenting- for those judging- screw you- by this point, I’m exhausted and I’m done.) Now conversation and I love you’s are said. Now… hang up phone, start dishes (or randomly pick up) attack any said laundry as there’s always something in the wash, in the dryer, to be folded, to be hung… new load started… oh yeah, forgot to sign the kids thingy, make another payment to the endless fundraiser requests… what else…think about crappy situation at work and how dissatisfied I’m with my current temp status. Look at WordPress and Facebookk to escape, watch tv for about 5 minutes, call dog into room to cuddle, falls asleep within minutes to start the day all over again…. Oh and somewhere in there pay bills, work on kid’s school projects – city poster, state float and don’t forget the pay the bills. SHIT, I did’t pay on time, and now I owe late fees. Fuck (sorry for the swears). I’m stopping 5 seconds early.
Number of words: 478
Okay I nominate the following blogs (which all ROCK, so please check them out)- nominees, please get your word document ready and then scroll down for your word.
Trista, Domesticated Momster
Paul, In My Cluttered Attic
Paul, The Captain’s Speech
Your word challenge, if you so participate, is HALLOWEEN – link back so I can read it! 🙂