I have no idea if any of my old blogging pals are around – we all take breaks here and there and I’ve been gone 4/5 months now. So, there isn’t much expectation that anyone will comment on this blog post as I’ve somewhat fallen off the grid.
I didn’t mean to get on here today. I only did because I am trying to research places to live and needed a place to organize, and was thinking of creating a new blog specifically for me and my hubby only for purpose of deciding just where to relocate.
But, then why bother with an entirely new site? Why not just create a category for the area I’m researching. Then again, my next several (several) posts will be all about Oregon, Washington or Idaho… and that might just bore the heck out of any remaining readers I may have!
So, what’s my purpose? What am I going to do? I dunno yet.
Here’s the latest 10 things on me:
(1) we sold our condo 1st day we had our open house in Orange County, CA
(2) We planned to move to Meridian (Boise), ID this summer once kids were on school summer break.
(3) Just as we were about to have our open house, my husband was laid off from his job and that severely affected our plans to move out-of-state. You don’t relocate to ID to go look for a job. You move there when you have a decent job and cost of living is lower there.
(4) My husband was able to get new job fairly quickly, but is based out of Huntington Beach, CA. Same type of job, sales for West Coast. They don’t mind him moving to the Pacific North West “some day.”
(5) Keywords from #4… “some day!” Which is not now, and our short-term apartment lease (that we never intended to have) is up in August…because we were not planning on staying! But, job said they aren’t ready for my hubby to leave CA yet.
(6) My hubby’s job doesn’t seem so keen on having him leave (ever??) but they keep telling us “not now, but soon” and I have no IDEA if we are going to get out of here next summer like our new plan is… which means:
(7) YEAH, we are signing on a year’s lease at the apartment we never wanted. And we are no longer zoned for the school my son was supposed to attend for 7th grade. Now we got that drama… (shit)
(8) Which brings me to, what the hell are we going to do? Are we moving or not? Also, his new job might not be keen on the original plan. My hubby doesn’t want something hotter than CA. ID has hotter summers. Bend, OR where my in-laws live, is not near enough a metropolis. It needs to be more Portland/Seattle/Boise areas to please the boss.
(9) I don’t like Portland, the main city anyway. (and anywhere near there is not necessarily cheap) and Seattle areas, many rentals are near what we are paying now…which brings me to:
(10) Damn it all to hell, now I’m over-whelmed with having to research cities within an hours drive to Portland Airport, or Seattle’s Airport. That’s a lot of cities. I don’t want to screw up and relocate to somewhere I hate.
No, I don’t feel over-whelmed at all. So, what’ new with you?